6.2.3 Other Businesses
(1) An Approved Executive Director must inform SGX-ST in writing at least 14 days before he or she engages in, or holds any substantial shareholding in, any other business that might potentially conflict with being an Approved Executive Director. The Approved Executive Director must ensure that the proposed engagement or shareholding is agreed to by his or her Trading Member.
(2) The engagement (and any actions taken under it) or shareholding must not breach the Securities and Futures Act, Securities and Futures Regulations, the Rules, any Directives or any relevant law or regulation.
(3) An Approved Executive Director must supply SGX-ST with any information it requires regarding the engagement or acquisition of shareholding.
(4) If SGX-ST objects to the engagement or acquisition of shareholding, an Approved Executive Director must not proceed with it. SGX-ST may extend the period specified in Rule 6.2.3(1). If extended, the Approved Executive Director must not proceed with the engagement or acquisition of shareholding before the expiry of the extended period.
(5) If an engagement or shareholding, in SGX-ST's opinion, is detrimental to the financial integrity, reputation or interests of SGX-ST, the principal Trading Member or its customers, SGX-ST may require the Approved Executive Director to end it.
(6) If SGX-ST objects to the engagement or acquisition of shareholding or requires an Approved Executive Director to end it, the Approved Executive Director may, within 14 days after it is notified of SGX-ST's decision, appeal in writing to the SGX RegCo Board whose decision will be final.
Refer to Directive No. 1.